Thursday, June 30, 2011

Itinerary for gracious sakes alive

Whoo. Colorado... And the Rockies..



Okay, so here is a proposed itinerary...

June 30 Walden to Rawlins (108 mi)
Depends on when the bikes come in, but staying in steamboat and then
shooting over to walden to and biking up to Rawlins... It's slightly
downhill... And well, boring. Eat lunch by the river in Riverside, then
I will be on my merry way. My crew can truck up to Rawlins, jump on your
bikes and meet me (by coming west) on my way back into town. We can then start our drive back. Maybe stop in Cheyenne for some dinner. And, given my day, I will probably either complain the whole way or sleep. So, we'll hope for sleep.

July 1 Parker to DIA to Parker
The girl, we have to get the girl.

July 2 Parker to DIA to Parker
After what I assume will have been yesterday's successful trial run, we
will once again go "the location" (the Airport) and pick up CODE NAME BRIAN.

July 3 Walden to Kremmling (76 mi)
My extensive support crew and I will trek up to Walden and I will begin my epic bike ride over Willow Creek Pass. Mum and Dad, happy
34th. Enjoy your anniversary.

July 4 Kremmling to Breckenridge (57 mi)
Easy day but slightly uphill the whole way. Good weather and I should need very, very liitle support. Maybe some company for this easy day could be arranged.
So, we will start early and hopefully hit Breckenridge by early afternoon... Or maybe late morning.
Then lunch, and evening tide picnic and some fireworks.

July 5 Breckenridge to I don't know, like Canon City??? (maybe 99 miles)
Okay, the day starts off with Hoosier Pass (11,500) feet of just fugly (fun and ugly). Should be a fun climb. Then, from the top it is all downhill to Frisco (24 mi in) then Canon City in another 75 mi.

July 6. Canon City to Pueblo (51.3762 mi)
The only easy day was yesterday... No, wait, that was the really hard
day. This should be fairly easy and funnn. The ride ends in pueblo,
hopefully early, hopefully with some southwestern food in a fun, family
friendly atmosphere with an affordable menu and a helpful wait staff. If
not, about 9 peanut butter and jellys should suffice.

Okay, so that is the first half. I still have to get to Alexander. Hopefully with a tailwind in two days across the great (read lame) plains.

Okay, so my lawyers are making me say this...
These proposed routes are dependent on weather, the will of God, my
physical abilities, and the abilities of those around me to put up with my
particular brand of BS and their willingness to help/be bored/participate.
to hold my wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment