Monday, July 4, 2011

11,500 feet.

Help me fight cancer. Donate Here.


Click the box on the side... Check out the elevation.

Thank goodness for thumbs, because this is being typed on a smart phone (which has started acting funny and may now be self aware).

Today started off slow from Heeney. I may have been a little stiff. But. Found my legs and started rolling well. Then it got slower. SeƱor Headwind was back and he was an ugly brute. I shifted into my small ring on a descent. It was that bad.







But at least there was this cheery fellow. We sized each other up. He was bigger. I think he also took exception to having his picture taken. Fortunately, there was a fence between us. Then I noticed the fence was broken. So, away from the angry moose and into the angry headwind.
I must say, the aspens do shimmer in a headwind... But I would like to see what they look like in a tailwind.






Onward to Dillon and the dam hill up to the dam road. And around the lake to Frisco where I went up and down the parade route and then met my crew who bravely saved from a Buffalo and bought me a cappuccino.











After a bit o' caffeine Lauren joined me and we set out for Breckenridge and the Hoosier Pass (stopping briefly at lemonade stand... Country time. I feel so American). Then we climbed. Hoosier Pass is classified as a Category 2 climb... And fun. What makes it tough is the long slow climb from Breckenridge to the base of the climb... THEN we climbed about 1500 more feet.

We climbed and climbed and thought highly of ourselves... until we met a 60 year old couple who where climbing the pass for the second time today (wow). I want to be clear, we did pass them on the way up.







Then it was all (mostly) downhill to Fairplay's (also Southpark) finest ice cream at Cream and Steam where we met these two lookers.






Happy Fourth. And now, some fireworks.

Sent from my LG phone

Location:Fairplay, Co

1 comment:

  1. I am glad your ride is humbling you as demonstrated by your insistence on noting that you passed the elderly couple.

    ReplyDelete